Sunday, May 5, 2013

Today is the 2 year anniversary of my father's death.  It's funny how time makes a traumatic event seem both distant and recent at the same time.  Death tends to make us regret all the little things we had done, or hadn't done. Combing over all the actions to remember the times we had hurt or wronged that person.  Guilt is the cross we bare for living, I suppose.  I was pretty intolerant at times. I regret that deeply, but at the same time it is really difficult to overcome some of the hurdles caused by his actions.  My walls were very high by the time he was really ready to be a father.  It doesn't make the hurt any less.  So today, I will remember my father.

Larry.
Gold tooth,
gold heart.
A warrior turned animal.
A wanderer, a roamer, a gypsy's soul.
No one can push you down now,
no one to fight.
You are free of all worries
You are free of your plight.
So gone now, but not forgotten
For when the "caw" is heard
You are not far,
You are remembered, as you wished.
A single Crow,
 a bird.


No comments:

Post a Comment